Resume Writing Tips :
1 Select the Correct resume format: Resume format is important because it determines how you represent your qualifications, skills, job experiences in front of the recruiter. It is very important for you to highlight that sections which are most required for the job. Different resume format highlight different aspects.
2. Highlight your section: Recruiters spend an average of six seconds reviewing an individual resume, it is very important that all your sections like education, experience and skills are mentioned with the proper headline.
3. Work experience should be relevant and recent: Your most relevant experience should be from the past 15 years. If you have 25 years work experience and you add all of them, it makes your resume lengthy and recruiter may get bored. Don’t put irrelevant work experiences on your resume, nobody is interested in such kinds of stuff.
4. Use professional templates: The very first thing which makes impression on recruiter is your layout. You might have good skills and countable work experience but if you don’t represent properly it may get ignored by the recruiter.
5. Don’t write Personal stuff: Your resume should only contain the detail of your experience, education, skill and your contact info. There is no need to write personal information like your age, marital status, religious preference.
6.Professional email: This is also one of the reasons for rejection of resume. Don’t put unprofessional email on a resume if you don’t have, create it, it takes only less than 5 mins.
7.Font style and size: Don’t use fancy fonts it may look classy but harder to read. Use professional font style like Arial, Calibri or Helvetica and size should be like that it is easy to readable.
8. Limit to a single page: Ideally, your resume should be one page. However, length of your resume depends on a number of factors. It depends on how much experience you have and what level candidate you are. If you’re an entry-level candidate, a page should be plenty. For more experienced candidates its fine to have a two page resume but more than one page is not recommended.
9. Include your contact info: No need to add your address on the resume if it is not necessary for the job you are applying but always include your active phone number and email id in your resume.
10.Short and relevant: There is a big misconception about resume writing that more I write in resume greater will be the chance for interview call. Don’t write down useless stuff on your resume. Your resume is representing that you are fit for the job, so it should be up to point and contains exact information which your recruiter wants to know.
11. Don’t lie: Never write anything which is not true, overstatement, the omission of fact or inaccuracy, the recruiter is far more intelligent and observable than you think. Don’t add any skill which you don’t have or can’t offer.
12. Consult professional: 80% of professionally written resume get an immediate response, so don’t feel ashamed to take help from professionals, it is very important that your resume should be attention seeking to get chance for an interview.